30 Aug 2013

Buttercups

Buttercup Bag
My much loved and overused handbag is now looking beyond its best and will have to go.  Sad face.  But this gave me an excellent opportunity to try out the very wonderful and free Buttercup pattern from made-by-rae. Sneaky happy face  (just don't tell my other handbag)

Spot the Mathilde
 So very easy and for me, the perfect size although for a mere $10 you can get the larger version.  The clear instructions with photos make assembly a breeze.  This bag is big enough for keys, purse, phone and lipstick and what more would I really want to put into it.  There are also buttercups a plenty in the flickr group to get inspiration for your designs

Button from a very old coat
I love the colours and all the fabrics bought from my recent London forage.  If you like me need a bag this is a great choice.  I will be making more Made by Rae and using very little amounts of fabric (2 X fat quarters) Buttercups could also become Christmas gifts   Am I allowed to say Christmas in August - well it is September soon.

Its lined in the grey cotton twill and has a magnetic snap too.  The front is a polyester wool plaid

So are you making plans for Christmas?  Have you made a bag?  Do you keep buttons from coats that have long since been binned from overuse?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment