17 Jan 2013

New year New blog

Inspired by some lovely makes on Tilly's blog, I have decided to have a go.  I begrudge walking around stores trying on ill fitting clothes and feel that the time has come to make my own clothes.  I had tinkered with this idea two years ago but could not find fabrics or patterns that inspired me.  I have chosen to start a blog as a way of tracking my progress and a way of recording successes and pitfalls along the way.  I plan to post once a week. I have also seen the way bloggers support each other with ideas and really why wouldn't I want to be part of that. That's all for today. Thank you for reading.

UPDATE

Postie has been and the beautiful fabric and pattern that I bought from Sew Over It has arrived.  Nicely wrapped and exciting to open.  It contained Colette pattern Hazel for the summer, grey and white ditsy floral  chiffon and green and cream polka dot cotton. I have the Alma blouse pattern on order so I think I will make a spotty blouse first.  Also before I forget I have got the Cal Patch book and hope to work my way through it.  Need to source some navy blue corduroy for the basic skirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment